Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I replaced the reverse light switch on my 05 Hyundai Accent

Customer Question

I replaced the reverse light switch on my 05 Hyundai Accent jmanual trans. Now the lights are on in every gear accept 2nd. In third and fourth if I push on the shifter to the right ever so slightly they will go out but come back on when i let go. Is there some kind of adjustment I can do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Is this a standard transmission?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
as I originally stated. Manual trans.

that's what I thought just wanted to make sure thanx for the info.Ok if you wiggle the shiftier and it goes out at certain points one of two things it can be the replacement switch is wrong , something not right in the transmission. So here is what you can do, take the new one back out and compare the length from the base to the tip, make sure the metal gasket or washer is installed on the new one, this is important. If it still does it then you can experiment adding more thin washers to it until it stops . if that don't cure the problem then it may have internal problems with the selector tab that comes in contact with the switch, but I'm sure if it don't one of those ideas will do the trick.Would you like a live phone chat to clarify things it's up to you. Hope this gives you some ideas to solve your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks ill give it a shot.

CHEERS, ***** ***** KNOW.