kalamykid
kalamykid, shop owner/tech
Experience:  I have owned my own trans shop for 6 years.
5629372

Ron, I have a 1989 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.8L with C6 trans. I

Customer Question

Hi Ron,
I have a 1989 Ford Bronco Custom, 5.8L with C6 trans. I need a Neutral Saftey Switch. It turns out these parts are super rare. My NSS has 6 wires. All the switches on the market are 4 pin pig tail harness and wires.
I've called all over the country to scrap yards, obsolete parts dealers and ford dealers alike. I've been told I'm chasing a ghost.
There has to be a work around. Have you encountered this problem? Do you know of a solution?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  kalamykid replied 3 months ago.

Most books do not show the 89 with the C6, so you have to go back one year to a 88. Here is a link to auto zone where they have them in stock.

http://www.autozone.com/batteries-starting-and-charging/neutral-safety-switch/duralast-neutral-safety-switch/18776_0_0_1277_24189_167999/?checkfit=true

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That is the wrong part it has a 4 pin pigtail and wiring harness I need a 6 pin. Those 4 pin parts are everywhere.

I am sorry, let me see who has the correct one. I will post the correct part number and who has it no latter then tomorrow around noon.

Is your plug round, or rectangular?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My plug is rectangular.

Thank you.

Can you send me a pic of the pan on the transmission pan as well as the safety neutral switch please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sure. When I get home from work I'll snap a few photos.

Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here's the photo.I know the part number. I've looked everywhere. It's really rare. I'm pretty certain I need a creative work around or to wire something from the four plug myself.

Did you get a pic of the whole sensor? How about a pic of the pan on the bottom of the trans?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It looks like the other parts on the market (already bought one from LMC truck) but the wiring harness is different. I'll get a pic of the pan tomorrow a.m.

I think I have found one for you, I will know for sure tomorrow afternoon.

But yes you are right this is a very rare one. I cannot even find a wire diagram for a 8 pin, 6 wire switch.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did you ever find the part, or a creative work around?Thanks

Did you get me a pic of the trans pan? I am still looking for the wire diagram for the 6 wire. If I can find it I can find work around.

The vin number may be a big help o me, Do you have the vin by chance?

I do have a standard number, NS93T, but standard does not have one. I am still looking for one for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here are some photos.The LMC truck part comes with a wiring harness the plugs into the white 'pigtail' perfectly, but does not fit the black one coming off of the battery.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Vin #1FMEU15HXKLB19606

Can you send me one of the pan please? I need to see the whjole pan best you can.

In the pics you sent me I can only see 4 wires, but 8 pin holes in the plug. can you send me a better pic of the wires at the plug please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are these good?

Can I have a pic like the last one but from the other side or from the ground looking straight up at the pan please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any of these what you are looking for?

I really need to see the whole pan. Can you take one from the ground straight up so I can see the whole pan please? And a better pic of the wires going into the plug would be great. I need to see what color each wire is as well as how they are laid out at the plug please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How about these?

I need to see the pan on the bottom of the transmission please. I also need to be able to see the wires going into the plug. If you could seperate the wires just a bit so I can see the color of the wires as well as what wires go to what pins that would be great.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How about now?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
These