Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

1998 mercuryvillager/nissanquest o/d light stays on ,have

Customer Question

1998 mercuryvillager/nissanquest o/d light stays on ,have bat power when swt is ingaged light stays on.what? relay if any controls the over drive al
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  david craig replied 2 months ago.

Hi Im David, The OD light functions for the transmission similiar to a check engine light for the engine. When the OD light is on it means there are fault codes stored in controller memory for the transmission. These codes must be retrieved using a scan tool with this capability to even give a point to begin diagnosis.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi david this problem od light stays on has been going on for quiet some time my scan tool detected a code 1605 I changed both pcm and tcm checked all visiable fuses,at this point no one here in atl ga ,even the dealer can not tell me what the problem might be.david is it even possible to find the exact cause with breaking the whole system down LOL AL. all computers that I changed were re builted

yes, you check do a continuity check of all the wiring of the affected systems. let me pull up some prints

i see that you did a continuity check, but did you check for a high resistance to ground on each wire?