sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Have 2015 Chrysler 200 C AWD at present my transmission is

Customer Question

have 2015 Chrysler 200 C AWD at present my transmission is in Neutral and the E brake is engaged, unable to start the engine and at the same time the battery power is being run down (draining)
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: let me double check
JA: Are you fixing your 300 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no headlights, interior lights have extremely minimal lighting, and have to use the key to open the door now. attempting to fix ourselves, dealership not open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: haven't driven the car all weekend, so this is sudden (3 days)
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

At the least you now have a dead battery but there may be a deeper issue, depending on how it got into this state initially. If the engine was somehow shut off with the trans in neutral then getting it back into park should just be a matter of turning the dial to park, but that's assuming all systems are working correctly. You may have a shifter, trans or TCM related issue.

Was the engine shut off somehow with the trans in neutral? How did it get to a state where the trans is out of park and the engine is off?