Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

Was driving my 2004 ford explorer sport trakwhen i tried to

Customer Question

was driving my 2004 ford explorer sport trak*****when i tried to pass another vehicle the truck wouldnt go. OD light started blinking and my reverse is nto functioning. what do di do?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Dan replied 28 days ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you out with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 28 days ago.

You need to get the codes scanned. The od light flashing is indicating that there is a problem that the trans control module is seeing. A code scan and checking trans fluid level and condition is the first step.

There is a tsb for excessive servo bore clearance and it could cause this problem, it is common. The trans needs to be replace to correct the servo bore problem, I have seen some have success with installing a new seal on the servo.

Expert:  Dan replied 28 days ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.