Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson

I have a 1994 Honda accord ex. The would drive for a good

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Honda accord ex. The would drive for a good distance and the transmission would stop pulling. After letting the car sit for awhile, it will drive normally for a distance and stop again. I replaced the transmission with a used one and the car drove perfect. After the car sat for two weeks, It only went two or three miles before it stop pulling. I can shut the engine off and restart the car and it will go another two or three miles and do the same thing. I replaced the TCM with a used one(no change). Replaced every sensor on the transmission with ones form a working transmission and still no change. The speedometer was not working with the used transmission, so I replaced the speed sensor from the old transmission(speedometer works).
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 month ago.

Hi Floyd, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Check the transmission oil and filter for fine metal/debris indicating an internal failure occurring. It is possible you might have a warranty claim on the used trans if from a salvage yard. Let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No metal found, trans oil texture is good.

That is odd. You replaced both the trans and converter as an assembly and flushed the oil cooler before install? The next step will be to have the trans pressures checked and confirmed in OEM specs. I would also reach out to the seller and let them know the problem before going into it too far....

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
will check the pressure and let you know what I find..
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 29 days ago.

Pleasure to help.

Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 27 days ago.

Hi Floyd, Did you get this resolved?