Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years GM master tech
19513769

Soft pedal very little brakes need cost and clutch shacks

Customer Question

soft pedal very little brakes need cost and clutch shacks when letting it out cost for that too please
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: no slipe just jerking when let it out
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1972 corvette stringray
JA: Are you fixing your Corvette yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no have had some work done but very high at jeff gordon chevy wilimgton n.c.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: car had set 2 yrs my sonh died and just had it hauled home
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

a soft brake pedal will usually be caused by low brake fluid or a bad master cylinder is the fluid is full in the master cylinder

if the regular brake pads are fine and no fluid leaks usually a new master cylinder will correct this issue

usually a cost if @ $ 300 give or take for a new master cylinder and new brake fluid and bleeding the brakes

is the clutch stock in the car or was it ever replaced with a high performance clutch ?

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No. I don't. Think it has a. Racing. Clutch. Don't. Slip. Just viberates when letting. It. Out
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Set up for2. Years
Expert:  Gary replied 5 months ago.

if it has a racing clutch in it then that explains why it grabs like that is that what racing clutches are supposed to do and feel like and are made to not slip and grab quicker then the stock one

dont forget to rate us here