Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

My 325i not shifting into park, None noticed. Just bought

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: My 325i not shifting into park
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: None noticed. Just bought used car 2 weeks ago. Transmission original we hope
JA: What year is your 325i?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your 325i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started doing it right now
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm in Las Vegas. Gear is stick in reverse right now
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases this issue can be caused by a fault with the shifter cable itself on manually shifted shifters.If you have not had the shifter and shifter cable inspected for any faults this needs done.If an issue is found it will need corrected to repair this fault here.If this was already checked or if this model uses the electronic shifter let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete