Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

Well i own a 2013 tucson and i am having trouble to shift,

Customer Question

well i own a 2013 tucson and i am having trouble to shift
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: no leaking , the transmission is original
JA: Are you fixing your Tucson yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well if possible i will like to get it fix y someone else but if it expensive i will do it my self , i didnt try anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: well it only when i am on park that i have to force it the reverse , drive and neutral are all good expect park..
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

I'd start by checking the selector lever linkage for any broken parts and or missing bolts or if a bolt is partially out and is jamming things up

I'd also investigate the connections to the brake pedal switch and the wiring to it for any crimp damage or fraying. Ideally use a multimeter to check that the switch is working OK. This is because the gearbox controller won't allow the lever to shift from park until it sees that your foot is on the brakes

There should be 2 switches one for the brake lights and the other for the gearbox and both are located at the top of the brake pedal in the drivers footwell.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you