Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

I have,a 03 acura mdx & when I put in reverse it has

Customer Question

I have,a 03 acura mdx & when I put in reverse it has resistance it will move a couple of feet then stop it kind of feels like if I was applying the brake or as if I back in to a wall
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this only occurs in reverse and the vehicle operates and drives properly in all forward gears this can indicate a fault within the transmission itself.This can be an internal band or clutch fault or even an internal gear fault needing replaced to resolve this issue.

Unfortunately the transmission will need inspected further to pinpoint the source of the fault and then from there repaired to correct this issue.In allot of cases this can indicate that it needs removed for further testing and inspection.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete