Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

2005 vibe awd died at an intersection then locked the

Customer Question

2005 vibe awd died at an intersection then locked the tranny...before being towed a mechanic stopped and showed her how to unlock it so the officers could push her to the curb and waited for the tow truck. He had mentioned the vibe may have protection shutdown say if the oil level was too low or the brake fluid. When we got it home I filled both oil and brake fluid to proper level and boost started it with my shop charger. It started and all systems seemed fine. I left it idle for awhile as I tended to other issues. When I returned it had stalled out so I told the men to put a charge on the battery...I forgot to tell them to remove the positive cable for safety. When I returned the car started fine but none of the dashboard lights and accessories worked and I can not remove it from park?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago. one but you has responded

Are there codes stored?

What is the battery voltage while running?

Do the brake lights work?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris