Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

Maybe I'm missing something. A bit annoying that the half

Customer Question

Maybe I'm missing something. A bit annoying that the half page previously typed was not transferred and it inferred that a Master Toyota Mechanic was to be answering my question. Ok, will take a shot here. Not a beginner, tranny code P9074, on a 2005 Tundra, 175K miles. Slipping in 1st only, 2 years ago fluid changed after driving several times each at the same service by myself in order to get the torque converter fluid mostly changed out so pretty confident about fluid condition, color/smell/level good btw. Code suggests control circuit high, and not necessarily a mechanical issue but an electrical issue. I can accomplish the Harness Check, the Circuit Check, and lastly the Solenoid check (after pan, filter, fluid removal if I had a lift but right now I'm without one so my next step is possibly have a knowlegeble tranny shop handle the job. According to the 4th shop I spoke with, the only S1 solenoid available is throught the dealer at $350 just for the part. Question is this, run through the Harness and Circuit check before addressing the solenoid replacement or just shoot for the solenoid replacement right from the start?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
  • Based on your description at this point this looks more electrically related than mechanically related. Are you hoping to diagnose and fix yourself?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris