Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

Question about VW CC 2010 sports sedan, automatic

Customer Question

Question about VW CC 2010 sports sedan, automatic transmission(DSG), 4 cylinder TSI engine. Description of the problem: 1)When car approaches stop sign/light I have noticeable banging/clunking sound from the front of the car, sometimes that sound could be described as screeching. Its intermittent, if you would approach stop sign at the higher pace and stopping faster you wouldn't hear anything. Its happening when car downshifts from gear 3 to gear two 2(my assumption by using gear selector and placing into manual mode before and after produced noise). I ran VCDS on the car, it does not produce any codes/faults. 2) After starting the car and trying to drive(intermittent/three occurrences so far) RPMs go all the way up, and it does not switch to the next gear. If you press on the gas RPMS would just go up, that tells me that it doesn't engage to gear #1.When switched to "manual" mode car grabs 1st gear, but nothing more, after that RPMS just fly up. After this if you would turn the car's ignition off and back on, it drives like nothing happened. I have couple opinions what it might be, I would jus like to validate it what it might be. Its intermittent.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i am still looking for help

" After starting the car and trying to drive(intermittent/three occurrences so far) RPMs go all the way up, and it does not switch to the next gear. If you press on the gas RPMS would just go up, that tells me that it doesn't engage to gear #1."

Is the concern 1st gear does not engage in drive or 1st gear will not upshift to 2nd?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In automatic mode 1st gear does not engage(meaning would never upshift to the second) and rmps would just go up, of course it depends how hard you would press on gass. Since it did that i took liberty to see if its the same in manual mode - when i switched to manual mode 1st gear engaged, but it would not shift to the second.

Thanks,

Without any hands on diag and results from someone else doing the diagnostics. I believe this to be a issue within your mechatronics unit causing your Dual clutch transaxle to not operate correct.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris