ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

Where is the transmission control module located on the

Customer Question

Where is the transmission control module located on the Saturn SL2?
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Just purchased the car,I don't know.
JA: What is the model/year of your Saturn?
Customer: 2000 V6 Saturn SL2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, nothing, just purchased a new transmission module, need to know where the module is located.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do the transmission module and the engine module work together?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Ok, is this an automatic transmission?

Also, the SL2 only comes with a 1.9L engine. The LS2 has a 3.0L v6 engine. So is it a LS2 ?

If not sure, please post the 17 digit vin number

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it's a LS2
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where is the transmission control module located?
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 2 months ago.

HI,

Great.

Ok, this vehicle unlike most GMs, does have a separate transmission control module. It is located between the right strut tower and firewall underneath the cowl - see attachment

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 2 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 2 months ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?