xsvectOR
xsvectOR, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase
6149662

My 2001 keep grand Cherokee with 4.7 won't move when it's in

Customer Question

My 2001 keep grand Cherokee with 4.7 won't move when it's in drive past 25 or 30 it revs and I have to shift to second. But when I go below that speed drive works again
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

any codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's only showing P 700 now but I while back it was showing some other ones and I looked them up on the AutoZone website I don't have the code numbers but I can send you pictures of what pulled up
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

what are you scanning it with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Bosch obd scanner and also I flip the switch three times. I have been doing some research online and I don't know if it is a speed sensor or if it is the solenoid pack or if it doesn't even have a solenoid pack I'm guessing some of the models of the 2001 grand cherokees have different transmissions and some of them don't have packs they have individual Solenoids right? Any thing you could tell me would be greatly appreciated I'm not exactly for sure which transmission it is I'll try to look for the stamp but couldn't find it
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

well po700 is stating that there are trans codes in the tcm...we need to know what they are

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well can you tell me how to get them from the TCM because to be honest with you I live too far away from any part store probably about 30 miles I really don't feel comfortable driving it that far of a distance in second gear
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean the drive works but only if you keep it below like 30 miles an hour it won't shift Beyond that point
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

do you have a good scan tool or the ability to purchase one?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sir is there a specific type of scan tool u recommend
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You tell me how to figure out what kind of transmission I have too
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MATCO-ORACLE-MD1400-OBD-II-ABS-SRS-Reader-live-engine-data-OBD2-Auto-Scan-Tool-/142113511289?hash=item2116a01779:g:aKAAAOSw65FXuGXo&item=142113511289&vxp=mtr

Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

is it a 4 or 5 speed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is a 4.7 with I believe 4 speed. It has 1st, second, drive and over drive. But u can turn off overdrive so im not sure if that tells u what u wanted to know
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

45rfe is the model

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I bought a Bosch 1150 reader today is that going to be able to read the proper codes? I have the pan off so I will put it back together in the morning and try the reader. Does the trans u mentioned have a solenoid pack?
Expert:  xsvectOR replied 2 months ago.

yes it does and im not sure ive never used a bosch i have snapon and matco scan tools myslef