Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.

My Mercedes Benz 2007 c230 c class is slow to accelerate and

Customer Question

My Mercedes Benz 2007 c230 c class is slow to accelerate and I have to step on the gas almost right down to the floor for it to accelerate what could be the problem
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** the engine is revving high and the vehicle is just not moving then it may be the transmission. This vehicle has a history of transmission failures. If it simply lacks power then there are some common issues. Most of the time it is due to a failure in the air flow sensor or in the catalytic converter. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see if there are any faults set and then see what the sensors are reading which allows me to see what is going on. These are both common, but there are always other less common possibilities also. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.