AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner

Daughters 2012 Dodge Caravan had a transmission failure @

Customer Question

Daughters 2012 Dodge Caravan had a transmission failure @ 85k miles. What is the r an r time if I pick up a used one for her?
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: She has the oil done every 5k at Jiffy Lube. They put on the work order that they check all fluids
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: She took it into a shop that told her it was toast. The transmission is pulling air rather than fluid? I'm thinking of getting her a used transmission and having it installed. I'm curious what the labor hours are to see if it is feasible. The repair shop quoted her 4500 for a new transmission
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just trying to figure out if this is feasible. She has 2 years left on the loan.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Your just looking for labor times to remove and install the transmission?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Ok, Please see the link I attached. I highlighted the most likely scenario but you can see all the labor times.

Since you area considering a used transmission, there would most likely be no transfer of parts.

Did that help answer your question? Please let me know so I can make sure that you get the all the answers you came here for.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it did.Thank you

Great. Your welcome.