Jared D
Jared D, ASE Master Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

I have a lly duramax with 77000 miles on it changed fluid in

Customer Question

I have a lly duramax with 77000 miles on it changed fluid in it about 60000 and outer fliter and outer fliter every oil change I had a brake line brake on it coming off a hill about a year ago pulled my sheifter down a lower gear and at the bottom of hill shifted up in it whent into limp mood. now about 60 miles away from home towing a small trailer the transmission getting a little hot about 225 pulled off road the ckeck light came on stuck in 3 gear would not shift down tryed to make it back home and i did after stoping and recyleing the key serval times putting out codes c0055/po776/po700/po872/po732/ took off pan and oil a little dirty with a good amount of dirt in pan oil dark in color do I need to take it to a shop to get overhauld
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

I would be suspicious of the C0055 code causing the problem. I have seen the ABS module take down the transmission control module communication/ power supply to the transmission control module.

Does the speedometer and odometer work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do i fix it
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

1. Disconnect the Transmission Control Module (TCM). Turn the key on and on the Clear connector verify battery voltage to the Orange wire at pin 3 and the Pink wire at pin 4.

2. Verify a good ground on the same connector at pins 1 and 5. Both wires are Black/White.

3. Establish communications with the EBCM. Locate and ground the Yellow wire at pin 30 in the Clear connector at the TCM.

4. Within 3 - 10 seconds after grounding, expect the scanner to go to "No Communications". If it does, replace the TCM.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Here is the connector Pin view:

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
where is the tcm
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

The TCM is in front of the battery box.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you would still like help with this problem.