Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

I just purchased a 2016 GMC 3500 diesel 4x4 dually and the

Customer Question

I just purchased a 2016 GMC 3500 diesel 4x4 dually and the transmission is not "shifting down" when going downhill loaded. I am having to brake excessively to keep my speeds down. The transmission is not functioning like my 2004 Chevy Silverado with same features. Were there changes made in the Allison transmission to account for this performance or is there a problem with my vehicle that can be fixed?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pedro Goncalves replied 1 month ago.

I would strongly recommend visiting your dealership, given that your car should still be under warranty. Ask if there's any bulletins, or even updates to the transmission management software.

I hope I was of some help.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Exactly what I am doing today. I'm asking you, an expert, if there have been any changes in the allison transmission to account for this performance. I was told by someone that they are aiming for better fuel mileage. I need information before going to the service department, please,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do not wish to pay $37 for this answer. How do I receive a refund?

We are experts but we all have our specialization. We try and help the best way that we can. In your case, I don't have the right answer for you. I gave you the best advice that I could.

Regarding the refund. I don't have access to that department. You would have to contact customer support.

Thank you and I do apologize for not being able to assist you with your question.