Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude that when I reach 30mph

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude that when I reach 30mph there is a "clunk" sound and the vehicle jerks a bit. It is loud and you can hear it as clear as day. I have been told that the Jeep drives differently in the city than on the highway and that must be the issue. I have had it at the dealership 4 times for this issue. They reset the transmission module and tell me that it should correct it, but then after driving away, it only gets worse by the day and by 3k miles, it is worse than ever and I am right back at the dealership. I should have to take a brand new car with 10k miles on it to the dealership every 3k miles for a transmission issue. Any ideas?
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, have you had recall #16V529000 complied with?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no recall open on my Jeep.

ok.must have not been in the batch

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what else can it be?

problems with the nine-speed have not been mechanical or about its design. Instead, software continues to be the issue. the only thing you can do is have the vehicles tcm reflashed and updated. Chrysler is presently replacing 12-15 transmission a week in the renegade because of this issue..