Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 96 Chrysler Sebring convertable. When I take off

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 96 Chrysler Sebring convertable. When I take off from a stop it seams like right before it is going to shift, the car jerks. My abs light has been on, so I'm thinking it has something to do with the abs system. My breaks are fine, noise noises. Stops nicely. It's just the jerk it makes right before I go into 2nd. It then has a real light jerk as it is going into 3rd. As it gets warm the jerk fades away.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David. thanks for using the site. first of all the abs wont have anything to do with your issue. secondly, check the transmission fluid level, color and smell. it should at the full markl when the engine is warm and running, it should be bright red and it shouldnt smell burnt.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just changed tranny fluid in the car, but I haven't driven it because of the jerking. So you are saying to change fluid again

no i mnot saying that if you just had it replaced. you will need to have the vehicle scanned for possible transmission fault codes then. is the check engine light on by any chance? and i apologize for the delay.

just checking in to see how its going?