Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, Repair Supervisor
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, L! Advanced Level with over 20 years of experience.
1627031

My 2003 b2300 standard shift when accelerating I get a

Customer Question

my 2003 b2300 standard shift when accelerating I get a hesitation between 2000 and 2500 rpms if the ac is on if i turn it off it runs fine, also my ac blows from the vents until i accelerate
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: the transmission is fine 3000 miles ago new slave cyl, clutch etc.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: new plugs wires maf filter cleaned fuel body
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: today i disconnected the actuator on the passenger side and plugged the vaccum line from the actuator no hesitation but i still get the air changing from the vents to defrost
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** this only occurs when the AC is on then that is because it puts an extra load on the engine. This can be caused by the AC system being overcharged or it can be low power from the engine. If there is a vacuum leak then that will cause the vent issue as well as a power issue. Most of the time the vacuum line will go into the firewall on the passenger side under the hood. you need to check these hoses and see if one of them has failed or see if the little plastic one way check valve is bad that is inline with the vacuum hose. I would also clean out the air flow meter as that gets dirty on this vehicle and will cause this hesitation. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.