sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

Transmission control module relay losing power after three

Customer Question

Transmission control module relay losing power after three to five seconds of initial turning on of the ignition switch
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 140000 starts ok
JA: What is the model of your '138000 Chrysler?
Customer: Seabring
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Has reman com. Recent trans rebuild. Concern was there even before work was done.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am a Master Certified Technician myself and it has beat me up for 2 or 3 days now can't think of anything else
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Im assuming that the relay is actually turning off rather than it losing a power feed. The TCM turns the relay on to power the solenoid pack. When it sees an issue that will prevent proper operation it will set fault codes and shut off the relay to put the trans in limp in.

There are many possible causes for limp in. Do you know what fault codes are setting in the PCM and TCM?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Blowing fuse to Trans control relay after short drive. TCM codes P0562/P0888. PCM codes P0700. Concern was present before transmission overhaul and ECU replacement.(3 times) Trans works good until it goes to limp mode.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any answer seems to be taking a longer time than always before

What year is the car?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
05 Sebring sedan 2.7 engine please call before 11 or after 130 I just filled out the info to call

I'm unable to talk on the phone but can continue here. I'm a full time tech and will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can someone else help me then I'm getting nowhere with one question answered a day I understand your circumstances but need faster responses

I awaited a response from you for almost 48 hours after my first post and nearly a full day for the next. Unfortunately I'm unable to respond immediately while at work. I will open the question to see if another is willing to help.