Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

I need a pto for a zf manual transmission, i have a ford f

Customer Question

i need a pto for a zf manual transmission
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: i have a ford f 550 that had in an automatic transmission that was giving trouble. I swapped it out and put in a manual zf 5 speed transmission but the pto on the automatic transmission does not match the manual .
JA: What is the model/year of your transmissions?
Customer: I have no idea of year or model. all i see on it is this number 1317 401 031.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i am doing it myself . so far it is completed and ready to drive exept for the pto to drive the hydraulic pump so the boom can opperate
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: this pto drives the pump which is attached to the pto in order for the boom to opperate. the gear is slant.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

this is almost certainly a ZF S6 650 transmission

You will need to make certain the trans has a PTO provision. This means removing the PTO cover and checking for a PTO gear behind the cover. Just because it has a PTO cover does not mean it has the gear

and muncie and chelsa both make PTO's for this unit

Expert:  Matt replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you