sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

I have mazda 6 2.3 4 cylinder automatic! My problem is why

Customer Question

Hi there i have mazda 6 2.3 4 cylinder automatic! My problem is why when i start my car and put it into drive gear jump from 1 to 3 gear and it s showing on my dashboard battery light? Reverse is working Neutral also and parking also tnx!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if the transmission is in limp in and the battery light is on. The battery light will come on when charging voltage is not correct, but that may not be related to the trans issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting in the engine and transmission controllers. Do you know what codes are setting?