sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

Had transmission work done on my 2010 sequoia and now the xm

Customer Question

had transmission work done on my 2010 sequoia and now the xm band on my radio has completely disappeared. dealer says the radio is shot. FM and AM, Bluetooth, etc. still work. I thought I could "reset" the radio to see if the XM band would come back. So, disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes is your suggestion for doing that? Any other suggestions?
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: battery is fine - no cranking issues, leaking, or problems of that nature.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing - it's an enclosed radio unit
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no - just that they disconnected my battery to work on my transmission. when they returned the car the XM band on the radio no longer worked
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If it entered satellite radio mode but there was no reception then an antenna problem is possible but if it won't allow you to change to satellite at all that is going to be an internal radio issue as the dealer mentioned. You can definitely try a battery disconnect and see if anything changes and I would recommend doing so as it will be a last resort. If that doesn't change anything it will require the radio to either be replaced or sent out to a repair facility such as United Radio.