Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

My Saturn vue, 2005 automatic, is doing something weird. At

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My Saturn vue, 2005 automatic, is doing something weird. At around 45 mph, it seems to, for lack of a better word, pulsing. It's been doing that since i bought it, i just thought it was something with the fuel pump. But now its making a kind of grinding noise about the same time, usually around 45 mph or so. Took it to mechanic, said i had a bad wheel bearing, had that replaced and inspected, but heard the noise again this morning.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: front , i just noticed the noise about a week ago. son usually drives it with stereo blasting of course, so he'd never heard it but it might have been doing it a while since i dont drive it very often.
JA: Are you fixing your VUE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: havent tried anything really. i'm worried that the pulsing is actually slippage in the tranny and the grinding seems to be right before it would change to next gear. havent noticed a rough shift, checked fluid, then had mechanic chweck too since i hate trying to figure out exactly where it should be on stick. it was ok, nice and red and not shavings on stick so i hope im wrong.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

I am very sorry for the long wait

has a shop felt this issue yet ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what do you mean "felt"? I thought i was pretty thorough in my description of what i had done so far.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 month ago.

i mean did the shop drive it and feel this issue and said " yes we feel the issue " or they did NOT feel or duplicate this issue when it was with them or they never said they could duplicate the issue