sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist

I am considering purchasing a 2006 Mistsubishi Raider LS 4x4

Customer Question

I am considering purchasing a 2006 Mistsubishi Raider LS 4x4 Double Cab AT with approx 189500 miles on it. It drives beautiful in all forward gears and in OD, but slips in reverse and has slight trouble getting back into drive. Engine drives very smooth, is very quiet, is very clean. There are no Check Engine lights on. Vin is 1Z7HT28K76S529331
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I would definitely recommend factoring in an internal trans repair when considering what you're willing to pay for the truck. This is either an issue with the low/reverse clutch or the reverse clutch. If you're also having trouble with it going into first gear then it should be a low/reverse issue, this clutch is used for first and reverse. There is much more load on the clutch in reverse which is why you would notice the slip worse there. It's possible that it could have a leaking low/reverse accumulator cover but it's more likely that the piston piston retainer are leaking, which would require an overhaul.