Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I Have knowledge in almost all car lines and can help with general questions and more!!!!!

I have a 2006 E350 that has a hard jerk in the transmission

Customer Question

I have a 2006 E350 that has a hard jerk in the transmission while going up a hill (typically the same street location) and while going down a hill to a stop.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  hdgene replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Betsy are you still needing help? please let me know i will do my best to assist. Lou

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not see any response.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 2 months ago.

well i was not sure if you wanted help still, with a transmission issue you will need to have this one in particular diagnosed at a dealer, there have been many issues with that particular transmission and the first thing that needs to be checked for is metal in the fluid, next is to see if they can relearn the transmission to change the way it shifts. then if that doesnt help they need to perform a software update on the modules for the trans and engine and then see if that takes care of it. there were so many issues with that transmission that there was no one specific fix. hope this helps, Lou P.