Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

2015 Outlander Sport CVT Transsmission problems, Driving at

Customer Question

2015 Outlander Sport CVT Transsmission problems, Driving at 75mph and all of the sudden the car was slowing down and the engine was peggged in rmp and I pushed the brake to turn off the cruise control and coasted to a stop.tried puttting it in Drive, Reverse and was'nt going anywhere. Got it towed to the dealer and they are now looking at it.Service Transmission came up on the Dash screen.
Your input on any thing like this happening on others and what could be the problem.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The Car has 56589 miles on it and the warranty should cover this correct?
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello Kirk, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

the Service transmission light comes on when the computer system sees a fault and when this happens the computer system will detect this and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to know what is failing they are going to need to start with scanning the system, if you can get the fault codes for me I will help you determine the cause.