Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 6 cyl 2.7 automatic. The

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe 6 cyl 2.7 automatic. The speed odometer starts jumping after going 65 mph , the cruise control doesn't seem to work properly and now my transmission does not want to gear up, but I can do it manually. I have been told it could be the tcm or a sensor. Not sure what I should do.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

A bad gear on the VSS sensor is normally what causes these symptoms. Where the front passenger axle shaft goes into the transaxle, the VSS sensor is above that area. I recommend inspecting the wiring and connector to it and replace the sensor.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris