Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience in car engine industry, 10 years in formula 1

I have a 2002 9 5 3.0 turbo sabb that is spitting boiling

Customer Question

Hello I have a 2002 9 5 3.0 turbo sabb that is spitting boiling hot tranny fluid out dipstick tube, also is in limp home mode I believe. What's going on please
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

there must be an issue with the transmission cooler this is inside the main engine radiator so it may be blocked or otherwise restricting the flwo of oil through the transmission

I'd suggest to disconnect the oil lines from the rad and once the oil is drained out, use some compressed air to blow through ( if you can the cooler unit)

do not use high pressure anything more than 2-3 psi and you run the risk of popping the cooler and then mixing engine coolant with the transmisson oil

Expert:  Matt replied 2 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you