Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

F150 4x4 binding up then let out of gas to shift. went

Customer Question

f150 4x4 binding up then let out of gas to shift. went through the trans and didn't see any issues. added a new converter and solenoid pack. reinstalled trans with same issues.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Is this a 4R70 or 4R100?

Which shift is binding or require decreased throttle pressure for it to upshift?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
all shifts require this action. I thought about changing the pcm then reboot everything.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Which model transmission do you have?

What year model?

There are no codes I presume and no flashing OD light?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This vehicle came from the north; in which, had a lot of salt corrosion. We cleaned all the connections and were able to get our scan tool to check the transfer case. It was stuck between two wheel high and 4x4. We manually put it back in two wheel drive and the trans works perfect. The transfer case motor was getting power but not working. Replaced the motor and truck is back on the road.

Thanks for letting me know what you found. Glad you got it resolved.