Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

My throttle transmission symbol is on, and I hear my

Customer Question

My throttle transmission symbol is on, and I hear my transmission is not acting right
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Not sure, but when I take it to get my oil changed I tell them to check the fluids
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008 ford taurus x
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just started to tonight, I hope it's not that my transmission than went out
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It seems to drive in reverse fine, but in drive it's a struggle to get going, it will drive , and that tool light is on
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This light coming on like this here indicates a fault has been detected by one of the computers in your model here.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model that can read all computers for codes.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.I have seen transmission electrical solenoids and sensors fail causing this issue as well as internal mechanical components like the valve body in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete