ebrock63
ebrock63, Repair shop manager and tech
Experience:  Over 25yrs experience as Shop manager and tech
3195632

My kia sportage jerks hard when I put it into drive, it

Customer Question

my kia sportage jerks hard when I put it into drive, it shifts fine while driving
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Ok, this going to be a weak or failed engine or transmission mount. If you are going to check yourself to see which one, you will need a helped. Open the hood and have your helper crank engine and put into drive, back to park and in drive again and keep repeating this as you watch each mount to see which one has excess movement allowing the engine and transmission to jump/lunge as it is put into drive

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you don't think it could be the transmission
Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

No. If it were, it would jerk when it shifted as well

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  ebrock63 replied 3 months ago.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so.Thank you.