Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

I have a ford2000/ f-150 pick up/350k with a code1783 and

Customer Question

I have a ford2000/ f-150 pick up/350k with a code1783 and dark x-mission fluid-last serviced 6 t0 8 months ago. I suspect a plugged up cooler line cor radiator. I still need to find x-mission model#. any suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, which fluid are you talking about? And what color and consistency is it?
Customer: x-mission fluid/it is dark(overheated).
JA: What year is your F-150?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet. I want to check cooling lines and cooler. Also want to check catalytic converter for overtemp-no codes for cat.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The catalytic converter may be plugging up or is engine running to lean or too rich and overheating the cat.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I gave you my credit card #***** my e-mail address, now you want my password: what password ***** you want. I can not give you any password.
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

How is the 3/4 shift? Also need to know what transmission if you can provide the VIN# ***** on the door label there will be a code under the letters TR.

U = 4R70W

E = 4R100

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it a U code for tr
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is a U=4R70W
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the 3/4 are good when x-mission is cold, the overdrive has been slow in coming up at times.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
any other question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did I lose our communication?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 2 months ago.

still here sorry for the delay

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 2 months ago.

Usually P1783 solenoid code is caused by transmission slippage during the 3/4 shift. Does the fluid smell burnt or is it just dark?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The oil doesn't smell burnt-it smell still as x-mission fluid.The code reader is saying this code is for over-temperature. You are saying is solenoid code. Kenny my name is***** paid $5.00 for an answer. I haven't get a complete answer and now somebody wants another $26.00.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Would you like me to try and help?

Based on your fluid color that is not that old this slippage issue is going to require an overhaul to address.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris