Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

Having shift solenoid problems, Yeah I noticed leaking from

Customer Question

Having shift solenoid problems
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Yeah I noticed leaking from the axle shaft which I replaced back in January. And the year of the car is 2002 and has around 163000
JA: What is the model of your '02 Volvo?
Customer: It's an s80
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Turbo
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I wanted to my self but I was curious on where it would be? It leaks from the motor as well sadly
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the issue or question here is difficulty locating a leak,the first thing that needs done is to have the engine and transmission degreased and cleaned off.Then top off the fluids and run the vehicle for a few minutes and check it for leaks.You can also try adding oil/fluid dye to the engine or transmission and clean off the oil then run the vehicle and use a leak tracer light to locate and repair the leak.If this is not what you are asking here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete