Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

I have a 2001 Honda Accord v6. I have not changed the

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Honda Accord v6. I have not changed the transmission oil in the last 2years. Recently, I had the D4 light blinking and the solenoid was changed. Later the D4 light stopped and the gear would jerk when changing from the first drive. Recently i have experienced late engagement, when the car would be on D4 and won't move then rpm moves as i rev and suddenly, it would engage as it will jerk. I met a guy who checked all the components of the transmission and said they all are good and advised that we changed the transmission oil but i am afraid if this won't kill the transmission finally. No fault code with diagnosis either but the car still does late engagement,
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  semloh1950 replied 3 months ago.

Hi there may name is don i will try to help you on this

i have experienced theses conditions before

i would take the car in and have a transmission flush on it not just change the oil the flush cleans out all the valves and passages it costs around 120.00 but well worth it

you will notice an definite improvement

the one i did do the dealer and transmission shop told him he needed a new transmission

during the flush you could see the oil it was black from all the gunk in the transmission that the filter did not pick up

after the flush the customer told me it shifted better than new

it is also a cheap way of finding out it the transmission has problems

but from your explanation on here i believe that the flush will be the answer

have a great day and do let me now