Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  I have been rebuilding automatic transmissions for 25 years
14541291

Have a 2002 f350 transmission was shuttering. all gears

Customer Question

Have a 2002 f350 transmission was shuttering. all gears worked but was bucking very bad. Pulled and replaced valve body and solenoid pack and put it back together 3 times. now have no reverse (bound up Torque converter working) but wont move and also have no neutral position. all other gears work perfectly.
JA: Do you have the torque specs?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model of your '02 Ford?
Customer: F 350 super duty 7.3 diesle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. Have a 2002 f350 transmission was shuttering. all gears worked but was bucking very bad. Pulled and replaced valve body and solenoid pack and put it back together 3 times. now have no reverse (bound up Torque converter working) but wont move and also have no neutral position. all other gears work perfectly.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

so,,it started doing this after you removed the valve body?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
truck drove in all gears but had a shutter, we removed the existing valve body and installed a new one and a new solenoid pack. It is a 4r100 (but the check ball locations match the old e4od) the three Valves? inder the valve body were loose maybe 2 turns tightened them and re installed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did all of this with the transmission still in the truck.

it does sound as if you may have the check balls wrong

stand by,,i will give you the locations for your 4r100

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wqmc7lf4hzyp7h/0722-f350-Main%20Control%20Valve%20Body.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/1wqmc7lf4hzyp7h/0722-f350-Main%20Control%20Valve%20Body.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help