Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.
14928985

Would someone please help me with replacing a 1990 MPV 4x4

Customer Question

Would someone please help me with replacing a 1990 MPV 4x4 automatic transmision column type shift lever with diagrams & part numbers?
Thanks,
Customer
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

I dont see the procedure myself on how to replace this here and in some cases this info may be difficult to obtain due to the age of the vehicle and may have to be done by a dealer who still have the older manuals on these models.I do show it is less then an hour to replace at .8 of an hour for replacement.If you still want to see if anyone else here can help let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your response.

I still want to see if anyone at Just Answer can help.

The Dealer cannot get the replacement parts but

I found a complete used steering wheel column &

4wd shift lever assembly which is being shipped

to me soon.

However, I will still need instructions on the correct

method of replacing the 4wd shift lever assembly.

Of course, I'll have to carefully remove it from the

shipped assy first.

Best regards,

Adolph

***@******.***
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete