Jared D
Jared D, ASE Master Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

2012 dodge 2500 lost reverse without any warning and it went

Customer Question

2012 dodge 2500 lost reverse without any warning and it went into limp mode. pulled codes and got p0765 and p0735
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: resetting doesn't help
JA: What is the model of your '12 Dodge?
Customer: 2500 4x4 5.7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulled the metal or clutch material. have a new solenoid pack in the box but haven't decided to put it in yet if its not the problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

I would probably change the solenoid pack. Those codes don't really indicate anything else could be the problem other than a broken circuit. If you can inspect the wiring harness really well for signs of chafing, or rodent damage and everything looks ok then it's pretty safe to say that the solenoid pack is at fault.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

You can also check the resistance of the solenoids. The clutch solenoids should be 1-3 ohms. For the LR solenoid, check resistance between pins 10 and 19 at the green connector of the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
alright. ill check resistance first and if its within those limits ill change out the pack. ill let you know how that works out.
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Sounds good. Anything over 3 ohms on the solenoids means they need to be changed.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

I just wanted to check whether you still need help with this issue.

Please let me know if you do. If not, please don't forget to rate so Just Answer will know to pay me for my time.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
didn't get a chance to look at it yesterday. I don't have a wiring diagram of the connector in order to see what pins are 10 and 19. tried to look it up on the internet with no luck as of yet. If you can post that it would be appreciated. I will definitely give you the rating when finished.thanks
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry, I thought I attached this. It looks like it didn't go through.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if you need more info.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hey jared, ive replaced a couple pcms on these trucks in the past but they were always diesel and it was on the driver side of the block. Cant seem to locate it on this 5.7 gas burner. is it located somewhere else? sorry I haven't got back with you sooner but I haven't had time to work on this thing since I was out of town.