sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans Specialist
9825021

Transmission service urgent light on, i do, i work at the

Customer Question

transmission service urgent light on
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: i do, i work at the shop
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Volvo Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: 2002 volvo s60 awd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just drain and refill fluid
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok whats the problem?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could be causing this warning to display. The trans controller has seen a failure in the system and has set a fault code. The problem could be a solenoid, speed sensor, wiring, internal trans issue, the trans controller, a loss of power or ground to the trans controller; anything that could prevent proper transmission operation could be turning the warning on.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a code reader or scan tool to see what fault codes are setting in the TCM. Do you know what codes are setting?