rpmdiag, Tech and instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

I have a 2007 sterling and every time I drive in the rain

Customer Question

I have a 2007 sterling and every time I drive in the rain the thing does,t shift right is the ecm getting wet
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

This is called water/moisture intrusion, and the most likely cause is the connectors to the transmission may be getting moisture in them. Disconnect, clean pins and add dielectric grease to all the pins. This will keep out the moisture. You can buy this grease at your parts store.

Thanks, Ron