Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

I have a 2003 GMC savana AWD 2500 5.3L. the transfer case

Customer Question

I have a 2003 GMC savana AWD 2500 5.3L. the transfer case output to the rear has burned up three times. It seems to not get any oil. (Even after the bearing fails, there is no oil leakage) There are two sizes of bushing, I have the big one, which I understand is the early model.
Why is oil not getting to the bushing? The transfer case oil has been overfilled per the GMC bulletin.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

When this happens is the bearing and shaft showing signs of high heat where it has turned blue?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris