Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years working on Ford, Lincolns and Mercs.

My 1997 Eclipse Spyder no longer shifts into gh gear. As a

Customer Question

My 1997 Eclipse Spyder no longer shifts into high gear. As a result, the motor remains in 2nd gear making the engine race at low speeds. Shifting to overdrive puts the transmission in neutral. The dealers want to change the transmission. I think it may be a switching problem.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem is an internal concern or an electronic control issue you are going to need to have the computer system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. If its a switching problem then there should be fault codes. If you can get this done and post back the results I will help you from there.