Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

I have a nissan armada 2004. First i had a problem with bith

Customer Question

Hi,i have a nissan armada 2004. First i had a problem with bith reverse and forward gears but after changing the gear oil everything went ok for 2 weeks and now the reverse gear does now work but the forward gear works perfectly.please help
JA: What size is your engine? How many miles since your last oil change?
Customer: Its an 8 cylinder enjine and since last oil change i just use it for less the 1000 miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm confused and dont know what to try
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Could it be the oil again or the filter?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the fault codes checked at all to see what codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set the codes need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.If this is an automatic transmission the fault can be an issue with the valve body in the transmission itself as I have seen fail before needing replaced.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint and then repair the issue from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete