Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines

My car is making a metallic rattling noise only when I

Customer Question

My car is making a metallic rattling noise only when I accelerate. Also when it shifts it feels like it's a hard shift. Check engine light blinked 3 times but did not stay illuminated
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: It flickers and then stays off. No know problems lately
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Cadi, sts, 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If possible or something I can't mess up to bad I would like to fix it myself. And all I have done is a visual inspection but did not see any obvious issue
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: A issue I have had is the car has always shifted hard (as if there is low or no Trans fluid.) But I been told it is normal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Not many techs online today and we are busy busy. Sorry for the long delay. I believe I can help on this concern if you still want or need help?

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you're not pleased, or need more help with this misfire and transmission issue.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris