Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 yrs. experience with auto, manual, & CVT drivelines
2499435

My 2011 dodge 5.7 quad cap hesitates under acceleration,

Customer Question

my 2011 dodge 5.7 quad cap hesitates under acceleration
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: 58,000 miles
JA: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?
Customer: 5.7 quad cab
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a wire came loose from the starter 2 weeks ago and it seemed like it was ok, changed air filter and oil
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i put techron in it 2 months ago because this has been going on for a while
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Brad replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and other repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there, and to be honest with today's electronics a scantool may very well be needed to retrieve the codes or to monitor data to see what's going on...

By chance is the check engine light on, and if yes then can you stop by any parts store and have them read the codes free of charge and post the P codes here so I can get a better idea on what's going on with your vehicle so I can help you get it fixed?

Talk soon,

Brad