Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have Honda factory training in Transmission diagnosis and repair. 20 years Honda only experience.
75670266

Have a 96 accord that I bought the guy I bought it from

Customer Question

have a 96 accord that I bought the guy I bought it from replaced the tranny and I finished putting it together I filled up the transmission and starter the car and the d4 light is blinking the car will move in reverse and forward but will not shift from first and randomly will not move back or forward at all I shut off the engine wait a bit and when I start it back up it will move again. What wld my problem be
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you.

If the light is flashing there will be a diagnostic trouble code(DTC). Knowing what the code is will help find the cause of your problem. I have included the instructions on how to pull the code with a jumper wire at the 2 wire diagnostic connector. The instructions show a special jumper tool bur a paper clip or piece of wire will work just fine. I have also included the diagnostic code chart for the transmission codes. If you can get me the code?

Please click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. Positive feedback is welcome too. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to pay me.
Thank you,

~Cliff