Pete, Automotive Mechanic
Experience:  GM and Mercedes vehicle technician.17 years experience.

Gearbox not engaging into gear and bucking/hesitating -

Customer Question

Gearbox not engaging into gear and bucking/hesitating - found errors in gearbox control module for level 3 speed sensor.
Category: Transmissions
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a fault with an internal speed sensor in the transmission/gear box itself with it needing replaced.This will have to be checked/tested further to see if this is the cause here for sure and replaced as needed.The wiring will need checked leading to and at the transmission as well for any issues needing repaired or replaced.This is usually best done by a dealer or transmission repair facility.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Very approximately how much should be the fair dealer charge for replacing this sensor labor plus parts

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I dont show the exact cost but this can range anywhere from around $300 to over $1000 depending on how much work is involved all depending on your model options and equipment.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete